Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
This yogurt ice cream recipe is so smooth and tasty that many people prefer it over the traditional version.
One of the biggest trends in healthy snacking is the frozen yogurt shop. It’s easy to enjoy your own custom-made yogurt ice cream at home–all you need is an ice cream maker and a few simple ingredients.
Variations for Frozen Yogurt
The sky’s the limit folks.
You can use this basic version as a starting point for your own creations.
Choose your favorite yogurt flavors and switch out the vanilla yogurt.
Instead of vanilla extract, use a different flavor extract.
If you like frozen yogurt better than ice cream, you could make most ice cream flavors on this site simply by switching out this base for the ice cream base in the recipe. Then follow the recipe instructions to create the right flavor.
You can literally make any flavor you like.
Do I have to Use Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is different than regular yogurt. How?
This style of yogurt has most of the water removed from it. It is strained 3 times!
This produces a thicker, less watery yogurt…which is perfect for ice cream!
Ice cream relies on fat content for its creaminess – so the less water the better.
Can you use a different style of yogurt?
Yes. But it won’t be as creamy. It will end up more icy.
Serve this ice cream with your favorite toppings – fruit, chocolate, or sauces.
CHOOSE FROM 2 DIFFERENT YOGURT ICE CREAM RECIPES
Below, you have 2 different ice cream recipes to choose from:
Philadelphia style: eggless, quick and easy: Jump to Recipe
Custard style: with eggs, a little extra creamy: Jump to Recipe
Yogurt Ice Cream
- 3 cups non fat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to directions.
- Store yogurt ice cream in a plastic container with plastic wrap over the ice cream’s surface.
- Results are best when frozen for at least two hours.
Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- pinch salt
- Combine heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and 1/2 cup sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar in large heatproof bowl until blended. Gradually add hot cream mixture to yolk mixture and whisk until blended.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium low heat until custard thickens slightly and coats back of spoon.
- Pour mixture through strainer into a bowl. Place bowl with custard in larger bowl filled halfway with ice and water.
- Whisk occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from ice water. Whisk yogurt and pinch of salt into custard. Refrigerate mixture until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer yogurt ice cream to freezer container. Cover and freeze until ice cream is firm.
Go back to Ice Cream Recipe Main Page
Go to Serving-Ice- Cream.com Home Page from Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
Leave a Reply