Nacho Ordinary Sundae
by Aaron Hachenberg
(Mount Angel, Or USA)
A vanilla bean sundae with avocado, sour cream, wheat germ, and tortilla chips.
Nacho Ordinary Sundae is not your ordinary combination of sundae toppings and flavors! Rather than a sweet sundae, this ice cream combines salty flavors.
What You’ll Need
- 3 big scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (the kind with flecks of vanilla bean in it; the ice cream has to be very natural, like Breyer’s)
- Avocado cut in wedges
- Sour Cream
- Wheat Germ
- Tortilla Chips
What You’ll Need to Do
- Put three big scoops of vanilla ice cream in a shallow bowl, arranged in a triangle.
- Between each scoop, place a wedge of avocado.
- On top of all three scoops of ice cream, in the center, place a dollop of sour cream.
- Place three more avocado wedges in the sour cream in a pin-wheel fashion.
- Sprinkle the whole creation with wheat germ.
- Finally, encircle the whole sundae with tortilla chips.
Another approach would be to place the sour cream in the empty, halved avocado skin and place it on top of the ice cream scoops.