Ice Cream Meltdown Game
This ice cream game is a twist on the traditional favorite “Fruit Basket.” It’s fast-pace has made it a favorite at parties for both the young and the old. Children squeal in delight while they try to race to a seat, while older people can get pretty feisty. It’s a great game to play and watch!
What You’ll Need
- A group of children
- An open area large enough for them to sit in a circle
- A chair (or piece of paper taped to the ground) for everyone – minus 1 to sit on
How to Play
- Divide the group of people into four equal teams (if the teams aren’t totally equal – that’s okay!).
- Have each team give themselves a different name – a favorite ice cream flavor or a favorite sundae topping.
- After each team’s name has been established, have the teams mix together and sit in a circle on their chair (or piece of paper taped to the floor).
- Tell everyone the names of the 4 teams.
- One player is chosen to stand in the middle of the circle – their should be no empty chair waiting for this person.
- The person in the middle calls out one of the team’s names.
- Each member of that team gets up and trys to move to a different chair – meanwhile, the person in the middle also tries to find a place to sit.
- The person who was not able to find a chair to sit on, now stands in the middle and calls out another team name. Play continues.
- The person in the middle can also call out “Ice Cream Meltdown!” When this happens, all players must get up and try to change their seats.
- It’s a fun game filled with lots of excitement.