Ice Cream Dessert
This fun ice cream dessert will be a favorite among your family and friends. It tastes great and it’s simple to make.
The creative presentation lures people to the dessert table and quietly whispers…”Try Me!”
What You’ll Need
- Thin skewers for cookies
Homemade cookies baked with skewer (sugar cookies work well, see recipe below) and/or Double-stuff Oreo Cookies
- Ice Cream
Dirt Ice Cream is best, but you can also use store-bought chocolate ice cream and mix in your own gummy worms and crushed Oreos.
- Gummy Worms
- Crushed Oreos
- Flower Pot
Use several small flower pots for individual bowls or 1 large flower pot for the serving bowl. Pots shouldn’t have a hole in bottom.
*Note: You can also put the ice cream in a container that easily fits inside the flower pot and simply place that container inside the flower pot.
- Mix up cookie dough according to directions.
- Before baking, place a skewer through the center of every cookie.
- Bake according to recipe directions. Cool.
- Decorate cookies with icing if desired.
- If using Double-stuff Oreos, carefully stick skewer through Oreo center.
- Place Dirt Ice Cream into appropriate container.
- Sprinkle the top of your ice cream dessert with crushed Oreos and Gummy Worms.
- “Plant” your cookies on skewers in the ice cream, arranging nicely.
- Serve immediately.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix flour and salt together and mix into butter mixture.
- Roll out cookie dough and use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes.
- Slide skewer through the middle of the cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cookies begin to brown on edges.
- Decorate with icing if desired.