Fun Facts about Ice Cream
These funny facts will make you smile…especially since they involve ice cream!
Fun Facts about Ice Cream and You
- It takes about 50 licks to lick away one scoop of ice cream!
- Of all the days of the week, most ice cream is bought on Sunday!
- Kids aged 2-12 and adults over 45 eat the most ice cream!
- More men (13%) admit to licking their ice cream bowl clean than women (8%)!
- Vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan, strawberry, and mint chocolate chip are the most popular ice cream flavors!
- Chocolate syrup is the most popular ice cream topping!
- 5% of ice cream eaters share their ice cream with their pet!
Fun Facts about Ice Cream’s Biggest
- The largest ice cream cake in the world weighed 12,096 pounds. It was made by Carvel Ice Cream Company to celebrate their 70th Birthday on May 25, 2004.
- The largest ice cream scoop pyramid was made of 3,894 scoops and weighed 1,005 pounds. Carvel Ice Cream Company made it live on the CBS Early Show on August 20, 2002. It took 58 minutes to complete.
- The largest ice cream sandwich weighed 2,460 pounds. It was made by Hy-Vee, Inc. teaming up with Wells’ Blue Bunny, Metz Baking Company, and Giese Sheet Metal. It was made on Feb 27, 1998.
- The largest ice cream sundae weighed 54,914 pounds. It was made by Palm Daries Ltd. in Alberta, Canada in 1988.
Plain, Ol’ Facts about Ice Cream
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream was started in Vermont in an old gas station converted into an ice cream shop.
- It takes 12 pounds of milk to make 1 gallon of ice cream!
- Between -5 and 0 degrees F is the best temperature for storing ice cream!
- Between 6 and 10 degrees F is the best temperature for serving ice cream!
- Air is an important ingredient in ice cream – it keeps the ice cream from freezing solid!
- July is National Ice Cream Month!
- The 3rd Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day!