Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
Here’s an ice cream cake for peppermint lovers. It calls for peppermint and chocolate, making it a delicious combination of flavors. This is a cake I make every year for the holidays, even though it is really good at any time.
- 1 devils food cake mix
- 1 container of peppermint ice cream
- 1 package of cool whip
- Crushed Peppermint Candies for garnish
- Chocolate Curls for garnish
- Make the devils food cake mix according to the package directions – but bake according to the directions below.
- Spray a cookie sheet well with cooking spray and pour batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Place plastic wrap on bottom of cake. This will make it easier to roll up.
- Thaw the ice cream about 10 minutes for easier spreading.
- Spread ice cream evenly across the cake.
- Roll up the cake jelly roll style.
- Place in freezer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer, cover with cool whip.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint and chocolate curls.
- Place back in the freezer overnight.
- Slice, allow to set for about 5 minutes before serving.