Ice Cream Bomb
Ice Cream Bomb…this ice cream cake is the bomb
by Sigma Das
(Ellicott City MD, USA)
Here’s an easy ice cream cake that combines butterscotch, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream in a delicious sponge cake treat. It’s easy to make, but the results are delicious! Feel free to change up the ice cream flavors for a different ice cream bomb experience!
- 2 scoops of Butterscotch Ice Cream
- 2 scoops of Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 scoops of Chocolate Ice Cream
- Sponge cake, cut into thick strips
- Line a jelly pan with with buttered wax paper (or butter paper).
- Place half of the sponge cake strips at the bottom of the jelly pan.
- Lightly press the sponge cake down so that they stick to the buttered wax paper.
- Place softened butterscotch ice cream on top and smooth to make a flat surface.
- Place softened strawberry ice cream on top of the butterscotch ice cream and smooth to create a flat surface.
- Place softened chocolate ice cream on top of the strawberry ice cream layer and smooth to create a flat surface.
- Cover ice cream layers with the remaining sponge cake strips.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Remove ice cream bomb from jelly pan.
- To serve, slice ice cream cake and serve chilled.
Enjoy your ice cream masterpiece!